An e-commerce SEO audit is an important step in making sure your e-commerce website is performing as well as it can. The success of any online business depends on how many people come to the site, and if you have traffic, it’s important to make sure that you are converting those visitors into paying customers.
An audit is a process used to evaluate the visibility and ranking of a website on search engine results pages. The goal is to identify any areas where improvements can be made to help the site rank higher and attract more organic traffic. It’s important to keep in mind that when it comes to online marketing, not all strategies are created equal. You need to find an effective balance between marketing your site organically (through high quality content) and through paid advertising (Google Adwords).
Why does an e-commerce site need an audit?
If you want your e-commerce website to succeed, then you need to make sure that it is visible to your potential customers. This is where an audit comes in. It helps to see what needs improvement and what is already working well. You will learn what influences positively and negatively on traffic, clicks, conversions, leads, and sales on your website. With this information, you can take the appropriate steps for optimizing your site so that you can increase your revenue.
Types of an audit
There are many different types of audits, but some of the most common include on-page audits, off-page audits, and technical audits.
- On-page will look at factors such as content, headings, keyword use, site structure, linking strategy, user experience design, and more.
- Off-page will look at factors such as backlinks (inbound links), social media presence, and more.
- Technical may be necessary if you have any problems with your site’s loading speed or Google Analytics tracking code implementation to identify how well your website is performing from a technical standpoint.
How much does it cost?
As with all optimization, the price of an audit varies as it depends on several factors. First of all, on the size of the site and its state of preservation. It is also important whether you undertake a full audit or only a specific element on the website. Competition in the SEO market is extremely high, so if you care about relatively convenient costs, it is worth using the help of a local company.
Of course, you can do the audit yourself or on a free website. Unfortunately, they use ready-made templates, so the result will not be personalized. What can work on one website does not have to be for you. So it is better to rely on the competences and tools of professionals from SEO Willington.
How long should you wait to see results?
An audit is important for your e-commerce website because it can help you identify areas where your website needs improvement in order to rank higher on search engine results pages. Typically, you should wait at least 3-6 months to see any significant results from your new strategy. However, if you make changes to your website based on the audit findings, you may see results sooner.
How to conduct an effective audit?
Even if you rely on experts who will do everything for you, you need to know what the process looks like in order to be more aware of future actions, not to be deceived and choose the right agency. When conducting an audit, there are a few key elements you should always check:
- On-page elements. This includes things like title tags, meta descriptions, and H1 tags. Make sure they’re all optimized for your target keywords. Don’t forget about the body of your content. Be mindful of formatting, headings, subheadings, paragraphs etc. These all have an impact on how your site is seen by search engines and users alike.
- Off-page elements. Include factors such as number of links pointing back to your site (from other sites), social media presence etc.
- User experience. Look at things like user interface design, site speed, and customer service features.
- Audience audit. Who is your primary audience? What is their demographic profile? What do they care about? What platforms do they frequent most often? Are there any local demographics that may not be taken into account with traditional marketing campaigns?
- Competitors audit. Check out what your competitors are doing well and what could use some work. Think about why customers might choose them over you. Conducting audits helps ensure continuous growth while focusing efforts on targeting new audiences instead of spending time repairing past mistakes.
Which tools should you use?
There are a number of tools that you can use to perform an SEO audit, including Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Moz Pro. Each tool has different features and is better for different purposes. Using multiple tools will allow you to get the most accurate picture of how your website is performing in the search engines.
An SEO audit is important for your e-commerce website because it will help you identify any potential areas of improvement so you can make the necessary changes to improve your website’s ranking on search engine results pages. This, in turn, can lead to more traffic and more sales. In other words, an audit is a vital part of running a successful e-commerce business. You don’t want to be spending money on marketing campaigns that are not generating any conversions or leads.